An email list is your asset. A targeted email list is like having a loyal readership, which ultimately translates into more profits for years to come. In this article, let me share with you 5 free email marketing list download simple and effective steps to build an email list.
1. Identify a profitable market. You do not need to reinvent the wheel by coming up with something new. Just identify a market where people are spending money and work in it. Address the problem these people are facing and provide solution to them.
2. Create two versions of squeeze page for split testing. A squeeze page is to entice people to opt into your list.
Therefore, it is very important to create different versions of it so that you can conduct split testing to increase opt-in rate. Testing will let you see which offer converts the best. Google Website Optimizer is a fantastic free tool to help you do A/B split testing.
3. Drive traffic to your squeeze page. In order for split testing to work, you need lots of traffic. A ballpark figure is 100 visitors a day to each page. Use as many free and paid sources to drive traffic to your site. Some methods are article marketing, blogging, search engine marketing, forums, Facebook, twitter, classified ads, etc.
4. Don’t send junk to your subscribers. When people opt into your list, they expect quality content from you. So don’t ever send junk to your subscribers if you want them to stay. By providing value to your subscribers, your email list can feed you for many years to come.
5. It is OK to send them promotions, but don’t do it too regularly. Hard selling will not work. You should identify the problems they are facing and present a solution to them. When your subscribers feel that you are helping them to solve their problems, your conversion rate will increase. So find out what problems they have. If you don’t know, ask them.
List is something that every business should have. Many companies are still buying database. I do not mean that this is something that you should not do; is just that I feel an opt-in list converts way better than an unsolicited list.
Today, you can find many email marketing systems for you to store your list and broadcast messages. Before you choose a particular system, make sure you read the reviews online. Also, you can ask your friends or business associates for a recommendation.